Antioxidant Longevity Mushroom Elixir
By Annaliisa Kapp, Certified Holistic Nutritionist
If you are looking to prevent & repair damage from oxidation due to free radicals that can lead to premature aging, try this functional drink with powerful antioxidant support from medicinal mushrooms.
What’s so special about medicinal mushrooms when it comes to supporting the healthy aging of our skin, memory & organ function?
- They contain amino acids such as ergothioneine, which help to prevent oxidate damage inside our cells, within the nucleus, & reduce damage to mitochondrial DNA. This is found in maitake, oyster, shiitake, and lion’s mane mushrooms in high concentrations.
- Mushrooms have anti-inflammatory & stress adaptation qualities. We know that chronic stress & low-grade inflammation causes damage to cells and interferes with their normal functionality, leading to damage to tissues & premature aging. Mushrooms such as tremella & chaga support anti-inflammatory response by providing antioxidants & reducing the expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines.
- They provide protection against insulin resistance, which can develop from chronic blood sugar ups & downs from diet, toxins, and lifestyle factors like poor sleep & lack of exercise. Maitake, tremella, & oyster mushrooms help support healthy blood sugar regulation.
Recipe and Directions
- ½ tsp Eversio Wellness Rejuvenate 6 Mushroom Blend
- 1 tsp Red Matcha (hibiscus powder)
- Milk of choice (this recipe used unsweetened vanilla oat milk)
- 1 Serving Sweetener (monk fruit, stevia, or raw honey)
Try the Rejuvenate Blend of mushrooms for anti-aging benefits and you’ll receive a powerful concentrate extracted for bio-availability, made with fruiting bodies & no grains for a therapeutic potency of 8000mg QCE per ½ tsp!
Back to Mushroom Extract Recipes