Are you looking for ways to improve your heart health? A recent study found that 90% of cardiovascular disease is caused by modifiable diet and lifestyle factors. The good news is that there are simple steps you can take to support your heart health. Managing stress, blood sugar, and inflammation, as well as optimizing protective and supportive nutrients, are key areas to focus on. (Source)
One way to get started is by incorporating heart-healthy nutrients into your diet. The recipe below features several important nutrients that can support heart health:
- Magnesium: Found in hemp seeds, magnesium is essential for stress and blood sugar management. A deficiency in magnesium has been linked to hypertension, coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction, and diabetes.
- Vitamin C: Found in kiwi, vitamin C is an antioxidant that supports collagen production and strong blood vessels. It can help reduce damage and plaque formation, as well as lower bad cholesterol and prevent hardening of arteries.
- Vitamin E: Found in sunflower seeds, vitamin E has antioxidant, immune-enhancing, anti-inflammatory, and anti-platelet aggregation effects.
- Fiber: Found in flaxseeds, fiber is effective in managing healthy cholesterol levels and supporting healthy blood sugar levels.
- Protein: Found in quinoa and hemp seeds, protein helps build healthy cells and balance blood sugar, thereby reducing inflammation.
- Healthy fats: Found in unprocessed seeds, healthy fats help reduce inflammation and balance blood sugar.
- Medicinal mushrooms: The Balance blend includes Reishi, Lion's Mane, Maitake, and Shiitake mushrooms, which provide antioxidants for free radical damage mitigation, help to calm cortisol and manage stress, manage blood sugar, and provide anti-inflammatory support. Reishi mushroom may also increase "good" HDL cholesterol and decrease triglycerides. (Source)
By incorporating these heart-healthy nutrients into your diet, you can support your heart health and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Start by trying the recipe below and see how easy it can be to make simple, yet impactful changes to your diet.
Well Balanced Quinoa + Hemp Breakfast Bowl
- ¾ cup quinoa (cooked)
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp Balance 4 Mushroom Blend by Eversio Wellness
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 kiwi (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup unsweetened milk of choice
Combine all ingredients into a bowl and enjoy! Recipe makes 1 serving.
Back to Mushroom Extract Recipes