Masala Chai Tea Blend
- 1 tbsp green cardamom pods
- ½ tbsp whole cloves
- ½ tbsp black peppercorns
- ½ inch cinnamon
- ½ whole nutmeg
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
Chai Latte Ingredients
- ½ tsp masala chai blend
- 1 black tea bag or 2-3 tsp loose black tea
- ½ cup / mug each water + plant based milk
- ½ tsp BALANCE 4 Mushroom blend
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup or choice of sweetener to taste
- Add all masala chai ingredients except ginger to a pan and lightly dry roast for 2-3 minutes or until spice aroma is released. Add all spices to a spice grinder until it becomes a fine powder then add in ginger powder, mix well.
- Add water + plant milk to a sauce pan. Add all in chai blend, BALANCE + maple syrup.
- Empty tea bag or add loose tea. Bring to boil then simmer on low for 5-7 minutes.
- Using a small strainer, pour into your favorite cup. Cookies on the side are highly recommended!
- Store remaining masala chai spice in a container, will stay fresh for 2-3 months.