Looking for a QUICK and ENERGIZING breakfast option?
No more excuses for skipping breakfast (or your mushroom supplements) on those busy mornings. We've got you covered!
Holistic nutritionist, Annaliisa Kapp, recommends these veggie-filled egg bites as the perfect solution, infused with Awaken Blend mushroom POWER to give you the boost you need to start your day.
CLICK HERE to see Annaliisa's Instagram post featuring this recipe!
Packed with slow-burning carbs, healthy fats, and antioxidants from mushrooms and veggies, this recipe helps regulate blood sugar levels, boosts focus, and increases energy.
Egg Bite Benefits Include:
- Eggs and onions are rich in chromium, a mineral that helps regulate blood sugar and curb sugar cravings.
- Both bell peppers and mushroom extracts are rich in antioxidants - bell peppers are high in vitamin C, which protects your body against free radical damage and chronic diseases.
- Sweet potatoes provide low-glycemic carbohydrates and can help regulate blood sugar levels thanks to adiponectin, a protein hormone that helps metabolize insulin.
- Egg yolks contain choline, which promotes brain health and regulates memory, mood, and muscle control.
- Eversio's Awaken Blend of medicinal mushroom extracts, including turkey tail, cordyceps, and lion's mane, supports cognitive function, memory, digestion, and energy levels, without the need for caffeine.
These egg bites can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge, making them the perfect time-saving breakfast solution! Make them on the weekend, and you'll have breakfast all week!
Delicious and Nutritious Mushroom Egg Bites Recipe
What You'll Need:
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped into small cubes)
- 1 small red bell pepper (chopped into cubes)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 10 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Eversio Wellness Awaken 3 Mushroom Blend
- 6 tsp pesto
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Line a muffin tray with unbleached baking cups
- Steam sweet potato for 8 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork
- While the sweet potato is steaming, heat avocado oil in a pan over low heat
- Sauté the onion until tender, then add pepper & sauté for another few minutes
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs until well scrambled.
- Whisk in water and salt and mushroom powder, along with slightly cooled veggies
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared muffin cups
- Mix in ½ tsp of pesto per egg cup
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or just until the egg is cooked through and no longer liquid on top
- Remove from the oven, let cool and enjoy!
Makes 12 egg bites - eat some right away, and store the others in the fridge to enjoy for breakfast or snacks in the days ahead!
Enjoy and let us know what you think if you make them!
Follow us on Instagram @eversiowellness and tag us there to share your creations with our mushroom loving community! You'll find lots of great mushroom wellness info there! :)
Back to Mushroom Extract Recipes