Get ready for a radiant skin transformation with our latest recipe!
Discover a delightful and convenient breakfast option packed with skin-nourishing ingredients to shield and revitalize your complexion. To maintain or regain that coveted glow, safeguarding your skin against harsh environmental toxins and damaging UV rays is crucial. While using non-toxic topical sun protection is essential, incorporating certain foods into your diet can also offer protection and repair benefits. Read on to learn more!
Unlocking the Power of Essential Antioxidants: Incorporating Them into Your Routine
- Lycopene, found in foods like tomato & grapefruit and classified as a carotenoid, is a vital antioxidant that plays a crucial role in safeguarding the skin against sunburns by counteracting the harmful effects of free radicals induced by sun exposure.
- The antioxidant action of vitamin C, found in foods like kiwi & grapefruit for example, helps to protect the skin from acute sun damage that shows up as erythema or redness.
- Research has demonstrated that green tea leaves or matcha contain a significant concentration of polyphenols. These polyphenols have been shown to possess the ability to hinder the development of cancer caused by UV radiation, while also enhancing the immune system.
- Betulinic acid (BA), present in the high antioxidant functional mushroom Chaga, is a beneficial compound known to provide protection to the skin by combating free radical damage and preventing signs of aging. Chaga is also helpful as it promotes collagen to maintain elasticity & melanin for protection from sun damage.
- Tremella mushrooms have a gelatinous structure and beta-d-glucan content that give them the ability to offer hydration to the skin when consumed.
Grapefruit Coconut Chia Pudding for Glowing Skin from Within
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 serving Collagen Powder
- 1/2 tsp Matcha Powder
- 1/2 tsp Rejuvenate 6 Mushroom Blend by Eversio Wellness
- 1/2 small pink grapefruit
- Handful walnuts
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
How to Make this Recipe
In a bowl, mix together yogurt, chia seeds, collagen powder, matcha, & Rejuvenate mushroom powder. Let it thicken for 30 minutes, or overnight, in the refrigerator.
When ready to eat, top with grapefruit slices, maple syrup, & walnuts. Serve cold.
Makes 1 serving. Enjoy!