Delicious and easy 30 minute soup. Perfect for the last days of winter!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 medium carrots peeled + chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Handful fresh oregano + thyme OR 1 tsp each dried
- 6 cups water OR vegetable/vegan broth
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 cups baby spinach or kale
- 1 can white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Fresh juice from one lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 1-2 tsp dried
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 10-12 grinds fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Eversio Wellness BALANCE 4 mushroom blend
- 2 tbsp Tahini - optional, but recommended!
- Warm olive oil + butter in a large dutch oven or deep pot over medium-high heat. Add onions + carrots, sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano + thyme. Cook for 30-60 seconds, just until fragrant.
- Add in broth + BALANCE + tahini. Bring to a boil. Add orzo, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently, just until the orzo is tender.
- Mix in spinach + beans. Allow about 1 minute for the spinach to wilt. Add lemon juice, parsley, salt + pepper. Serve and enjoy!