Double Chocolate Banana BALANCE Muffins
Our version of a healthy superfood lava cake! Enjoy these deliciously vegan + gluten free muffins to add a little bit of sweetness to your day! Recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- ½ cup almond or oat milk
- ½ cup raw cane or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 2.5 tablespoon water)
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour (not almond meal)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 heaping Tbsp Eversio Wellness BALANCE 4 Mushroom Blend
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate + 12 small pieces to top muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or line muffin tin with parchment liners.
- Make the flax egg by combining 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 2.5 tablespoon water. Stir together and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add all wet ingredients to a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Add all dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix together until evenly combined. Then, mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Evenly scoop batter into 12 muffin tins. Top with a small piece of chopped chocolate.
- Bake 30 minutes. Allow muffins to cool for 15 minutes before removing from tins.
Shubs on Oct 12, 2021