Vegan Chocolate Mousse by Easton xo
One of our BFFs, the fabulous Easton Gilowski, (go visit her stunning website HERE), makes this recipe for her mama on Mother's Day and we're so excited to share it with you!
We LOVE that she adds the Rejuvenate Blend of 6 powerful medicinal mushrooms so that there's a gift of mushroom wellness hiding inside for magical benefits that taste AMAZING!
You can watch Easton make the recipe in this VIDEO!
Here's what Easton has to say about her recipe:
"This chocolate mousse is chocolatey, creamy, light, airy and made with ingredients you would never guess! It’s also incredibly easy to make, and I’m slightly addicted!
The main ingredient is chickpea aquafaba!
This is the water that’s in the can with your chickpeas. It’s commonly used as an egg white replacer in vegan cooking because of its ability to whip into a beautiful foam, forming stiff peaks like egg whites. This makes it especially perfect for a light and airy mousse!
I will say that it’s important to make sure you're buying organic chickpeas with no weird additives because some generic brands will add fillers. I always recommend checking the ingredients before buying! You want to find a can that has only chickpeas, water, sea salt or not, and preferably organic!"
Here's what you’ll need for this chocolate mousse:
- 1 cup organic aquafaba (liquid from can of chickpeas)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 150 grams dark chocolate (bar or chips)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp Eversio Wellness Mushroom Extract Rejuvenate Blend
- coconut whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- raw cacao
Making The Chocolate Mousse
1. Drain your chickpeas over a large bowl to collect your aquafaba, add your lemon juice and sea salt. (The lemon juice will help create stiff peaks in your aquafaba and make this chocolate mousse extra beautiful and creamy.)
2. Use a hand held mixer and begin to mix your aquafaba for about 8-10 minutes! Don't give up! Stiff peaks will begin to form and it will begin to foam.
3. After stiff peaks have formed add in your maple syrup or honey, and your vanilla. Mix again for 2-3 minutes.
4. Melt the chocolate over low heat just until melted, pour this into your whipped aquafaba and fold this in with a spatula.
5. Add in your Eversio rejuvenate mushroom blend and fold this in once more until the chocolate and mushroom blend have completely been incorporated!
The mousse will get less foamy and shrink down in size, that’s okay, it will get more airy and fluffy once in the fridge.
Scoop your chocolate mousse into serving size glasses, or however you would like to serve your chocolate mousse.
I picked cute cocktail glasses and they worked perfectly for serving.
Once you have your mousse in your serving glasses place them in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight for extra light and airy chocolate mousse!
You can top your chocolate mousse off with anything you like - fresh fruit, or some coconut whipping cream!
I chose to top with coconut whipped cream, powdered raw cacao, rose petals and some chocolate shavings!
This chocolate mousse is seriously so easy, delicious and hits any chocolate craving! It’s my mom’s favourite dessert to this day, so I have made it a little Mother’s Day tradition for her each year! She is also equally obsessed with her Eversio's Rejuvenate Blend, as I am!