Recipe is Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 1 chia or flax egg (see directions)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups grated carrots
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- A mix of seeds + coconut flakes, for topping
- 2 tbsp BALANCE 4 Mushroom Blend
- To prepare a chia (or flax egg) - add 1 tbsp chia / flax to a bowl + 3 tbsp water + let sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a standard 12 muffin tin with a tiny bit of coconut oil OR line with parchment cup liners.
- In a bowl mix together sugar, applesauce, coconut oil, lemon juice + chia egg. Whisk vigorously with a hand whisk.
- Sift in oat flour, almond flour, salt, spices, baking powder, baking soda + BALANCE. Mix well.
- Fold in grated carrots + chopped walnuts.
- Spoon the batter evenly. Top with a mixture of sesame, sunflower, pumpkin seeds + some coconut flakes.
- Bake for 40-45 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Back to Mushroom Extract Recipes