This soup will quickly become a fall and winter favourite for your taste buds, soothing the soul, and your immune system!
With the cold weather upon us, this recipe is so flavourful, making it like a warm hug on a winter day! What's more, it’s packed with known immune and digestive system supporting foods and dietary supplements to help against common colds and flu season.
Health Benefits of Mushroom Soup:
- Turkey Tail is a big DEFENDER and the most commonly used medicinal mushroom for immune support, but it also improves gut health by supporting beneficial bacteria and contains antioxidants that prevent cell damage
- Prebiotics from leeks & onions support healthy gut microflora, which is where we house about 70-80% of our immune system
- Immunomodulating compounds like beta-glucans & PSP (polysaccharide peptide) found in Turkey Tail help to stimulate & activate our T cells and reduce inflammation
- Shiitake helps to strengthen our immune system, maintain blood pressure, and provide anti-inflammatory properties
- Oyster mushroom is a good source of ergothioneine (powerful intracellular antioxidant to support health aging), and helps to regulate cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- Garlic & onions, which are part of the Allium family, can inhibit inflammatory response and provide anti-viral support
- Thyme is known for its antibacterial protection properties and a source of vitamin C
This recipe uses a variety of mushrooms, however, Turkey Tail (trametes versicolor) is considered a medicinal mushroom known for it's immune & digestive process supporting properties. DEFEND Now by Eversio Wellness is a concentrated extract that offers a Quantity Crude Equivalent of 12,000mg of Turkey Tail mushroom fruiting bodies, without any fillers or growing substrate. This way you get the most benefit & quickest results for your daily dose of immune defense to help fight against cold season and support gut health.
Creamy Mushroom & Leek Soup
- ¼ lb Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 portobello mushroom (or ¼ lb cremini mushrooms)
- ¼ lb oyster mushrooms
- 2 leeks
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of avocado oil
- 1 can coconut milk (canned)
- 2 cups broth of choice
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 ¼ tsp himalayan salt
- 2-4 capsules of Eversio Wellness DEFEND Now Turkey Tail Capsules
- Clean the all parts of the mushrooms with a damp cloth or by rinsing them in a sieve to remove any dirt. Cut up the mushrooms.
- Remove inedible parts of leeks and slice thinly. Add to a bowl of water to clean any dirt and then rinse.
- Slice onion and chop garlic.
- Add avocado oil into a dutch oven or soup pot over low/medium heat. Add veggies, salt, thyme and saute for 6-8 minutes, until veggies are cooked.
- Mix in Turkey Tail mushroom supplement by opening the capsules and emptying contents, coconut milk, and broth. Bring to a boil and mix well.
- Enjoy as a main dish with protein or as a side dish.
This recipe is great for sharing! It makes 4 main dish servings or 8 side dishes.
By Annaliisa Kapp, Certified Holistic Nutritionist
Back to Mushroom Extract Recipes