DEFEND Now - Organic Turkey Tail 12:1 Extract Capsules
Your Natural Protector Against Viral Infections and Tumor Growth - DEFEND Now Turkey Tail Mushroom Capsules.
Eversio’s DEFEND Now Turkey Tail mushroom capsules are high in beta-d-glucans and specialized antioxidants (PSP) that strengthen the immune system and fight viral infections by activating cells that clear pathogens from the body. Research verifies that prolonged use of therapeutic dose whole fruiting body turkey tail mushroom supplements can improve natural defenses against cancer by increasing chemokines and cytokines that prompt the immune system to attack cancerous cells. Turkey tail mushroom benefits also include the support of beneficial bacteria to improve gut health and promoting the maintenance of glutathione levels to protect the liver. Health Canada NPN - 80108579
- THE MOMENT - If you are feeling fearful of the things that make us sick, this is the moment to defend yourself with turkey tail so you can get back to living a life without worry!
- WHOLE FRUITING BODY - 12:1 extracted for maximum bioavailability of beneficial compounds (no grains or growing substrate)
- GROWN ON WOOD - wild harvested at maturity and USDA organic certified (not lab grown)
- THERAPEUTIC POTENCY - 12000mg quantity crude equivalent in just 2 organic certified vegan capsules with verified beta-d-glucans (53%) and PSP - polysaccharide peptide (11%)
- PLANET POSITIVE REFILL SYSTEM - 60 vegan capsules come in an infinitely reusable glass jar with metal lid - order a 100% home compostable refill pouch when you’re ready for more. Refill. Reuse. Reduce. Repeat. Zero plastic and ZERO WASTE!
Support Your Immune System The Natural Way - Add DEFEND Now Turkey Tail Mushroom Capsules to Your Wellness Routine
Turkey Tail has been used as an addition to radiation and chemotherapy treatments for more than thirty years due to its high levels of specialized antioxidants called Polysaccharide Krestin (PSK) and Polysaccharide peptide (PSP). More than 400 clinical studies have been published in Japan showing the benefits of turkey tail for the immune system. In one study, PSP significantly improved the survival rate of people with specific types of cancer. The rate of remission in cancer patients receiving PSP was 72% compared to a control group receiving chemotherapy only, which showed a remission rate of just 42%. In addition, the high levels of verified Beta-D-glucans (53%) in DEFEND Now Turkey Tail Mushroom Capsules make it a powerful sidekick for attacking all kinds of foreign organisms that can make us feel sick. For those with digestive trouble, healthy mushrooms, including Turkey Tail, also contain polysaccharides that act as prebiotics for optimal gut health.
See our "Studies + Research + References" page for more information about the beneficial effects of Turkey Tail Mushroom Extract.
DEFEND NOW – Organic Turkey Tail 12:1 Extract Capsules
Medicinal Ingredients per 2 capsules:
*USDA Organic Certified Turkey Tail Mushroom (12:1 Extract) 1000mg
(Trametes versicolor, fruiting body) Quantity Crude Equivalent…12000mg
Polysaccharide Peptide (PSP): 11%
Non-medicinal ingredients: *USDA Organic Certified Pullulan (vegan capsule), dicalcium phosphate, magnesium stearate.
We believe in 100% transparency - take a look at the COAs (Certificates of Analysis) from our 3rd party labs in our “The Lab Reports” tab.
Health Canada – Natural Health Product – Mushrooms Monograph – March 25, 2019
Products containing Trametes versicolor:
- Source of fungal polysaccharides with immunomodulating properties
- Used in TCM to fortify the spleen to drain dampness and clear toxic heat
Adults 18 years and older
Quantities: acceptable doses (grams/day)
Not to exceed 27000mg of dried fruiting body per day
The Lab Reports
Certificate of Analysis
Organic Turkey Tail 12 :1 Extract
TURKEY TAIL: Polysaccharide Peptide
TURKEY TAIL: Beta-glucans, Heavy Metals, Microbial
- Kumar Pallav, Scot E Dowd, Javier Villafuerte, Xiaotong Yang, Toufic Kabbani, Joshua Hansen, Melinda Dennis, Daniel A Leffler, David S Newburg, Ciarán P Kelly. (2014, July 11). Effects of polysaccharopeptide from Trametes Versicolor and amoxicillin on the gut microbiome of healthy volunteers. Taylor & Francis. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.4161/gmic.29558
- Kathleen F. Benson, Paul Stamets, Renee Davis, Regan Nally, Alex Taylor, Sonya Slater & Gitte S. Jensen, K. (2019, December 2). The mycelium of the Trametes versicolor (Turkey tail) mushroom and its fermented substrate each show potent and complementary immune activating properties in vitro - BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies. BioMed Central. https://bmccomplementmedtherapies.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12906-019-2681-7
- Xiaojun Li, Peng Chen, Peng Zhang, Yifan Chang, Mingxu Cui, Jinyou Duan. (2019, January 22). Protein-Bound β-glucan from Coriolus Versicolor has Potential for Use Against Obesity. Wiley Online Library. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/mnfr.201801231
- Kang-Le Wang, Zhen-Ming Lu, Xiangjunzhi Mao, Lu Chen, Jin-Song Gong, Yilin Ren, Yan Geng, Heng Li, Hong-Yu Xu, Guo-Hua Xu, Jin-Song Shi, Zheng-Hong Xu. (2019, September 15). Structural characterization and anti-alcoholic liver injury activity of a polysaccharide from Coriolus versicolor mycelia. ScienceDirect. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S014181301836834X?via%3Dihub
- Shao-Hua Shi, Wen-Tao Yang, Ke-Yan Huang, Yan-Long Jiang, Gui-Lian Yang, Chun-Feng Wang, Yu Li. (2016, May). β-glucans from Coriolus versicolor protect mice against S. typhimurium challenge by activation of macrophagesβ-glucans from Coriolus versicolor protect mice against S. typhimurium challenge by activation of macrophages. ScienceDirect. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0141813016300605?via%3Dihub
- Danka Matijašević, Milena Pantić, Božidar Rašković, Vladimir Pavlović, Dunja Duvnjak, Aleksandra Sknepnek, And Miomir Nikšić, D. (2016, August 4). The Antibacterial Activity of Coriolus versicolor Methanol Extract and Its Effect on Ultrastructural Changes of Staphylococcus aureus and Salmonella Enteritidis. Frontiers. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmicb.2016.01226/full
- Kenneth Quayle, Catherine Coy, Leanna Standish, Hailing Lu. (2014, December 16). The TLR2 agonist in polysaccharide-K is a structurally distinct lipid which acts synergistically with the protein-bound β-glucan. SpringerLink. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11418-014-0879-z
Watch This Video to Learn More About DEFEND Now Turkey Tail Mushroom Capsules for Optimal Immune System Function
Who Should Take Eversio Wellness Therapeutic Dose Turkey Tail Mushroom Capsules?
Turkey Tail medicinal mushrooms are one of the most commonly studied and consumed superfoods for strengthening the immune system. They contain high percentages of antioxidants and Beta-D-glucans, making them highly effective in destroying harmful pathogens. The studies, research, and resources demonstrating turkey tail mushroom benefits are growing by the day and giving new hope to doctors and patients looking for functional medicine alternatives where pharmaceutical treatments on their own have failed. Here’s a snapshot of what research is telling us about the uses and benefits of turkey tail mushroom:
- Improves natural defenses against cancer by increasing chemokines and cytokines (prompts the immune system to attack cancerous cells)
- Helps to control immune response to viruses and provide protection against bacteria
- Better weight control by increasing levels of Akkermansia muciniphilia (associated with lower levels of gut inflammation and insulin sensitivity)
- Improves gut health by supporting beneficial bacteria
- Treatment of common cold and flu
- Strengthens and promotes balance of the immune system
- PSP and PSK can activate cells that clear pathogens
- Contains antioxidants that prevent cell damage and inflammation
- Protects liver cells by helping to maintain levels of glutathione
*Note: Our products are not intended to treat or cure any specific disease or condition. We recommend consulting a health care professional for personalized advice and product recommendations if you have specific health concerns. If you have any of these concerns, please consult your doctor or a Natural Health Practitioner and ask them about including high potency Turkey Tail mushroom capsules as part of your functional wellness routine.
EVERSIO’S Zero Waste Packaging
100% Home Compostable Pouches To Refill Infinitely Reusable Glass Jars
Turkey Tail Capsules Featuring an Organic Certified Vegan Capsule and Eco-Friendly Packaging in a Planet Positive Refill System
At Eversio Wellness, we offer a NEW zero-waste, planet positive REFILL SYSTEM for all of our mushroom supplements, including our Turkey Tail capsules.
Our Planet Positive Refill System was designed to promote removing wasteful packaging from our planet, re-enriching the soil, and ultimately reversing climate change. We believe in showing our gratitude to Mother Nature for providing the medicines she does by decreasing single-use plastics and instead using glass jars that are infinitely reusable and 100% home compostable refill pouches made by ELEVATE packaging from bio-based raw materials. Compostable packaging is the most environmentally friendly packaging available on the market today!
By using compostable packaging, we are able to eliminate any landfill waste, help reverse climate change, and revitalize our planet's depleted soil. We are excited to use our packaging to protect your mushroom supplements and to spread awareness about the need for every human to contribute to sustainability and prevention of climate change in any small way - like choosing our mushroom supplements over those packaged in plastic.
Purchase your glass jar first, JUST ONE TIME, and keep it forever. When you’re ready for more Turkey Tail capsules, purchase them in our home compostable refill pouches, tear open, refill original jar, and toss the pouch into your backyard compost or green bin. Zero Waste!
Our mushroom supplements and Turkey Tail capsules are also the first EVER to use organic certified fungi-based capsules. Our capsules themselves are USDA Organic certified, vegan and made from pullulan (produced by growing the fungi Aureobasidium pullulans on certified organic tapioca starch). These capsules offer superior oxidation prevention and moisture barrier from an all-natural vegan source! NO GELATIN or PLASTIC! We believe that fungi are the future and we apply that vision to all of our medicinal mushroom product development.