Vegan Mushroom Gravy for the Holidays
We are always looking for ways to get more mushrooms on the holiday table (because they are packed with so much goodness), and this recipe is a HOLIDAY TABLE MUST HAVE!
If you have vegetarian or vegan guests coming for dinner, serving up this nutrient dense and super tasty alternative to traditional gravy is a random act of kindness that won't be forgotten! Filled with garlic, fresh herbs, and lots of mushroom wellness, this vegan gravy will be a hit with everyone at the table.
We LOVE it served over a big holiday helping of creamy mashed potatoes! Drooling yet?
2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
1/3 cup shallots (chopped fine)
500 g cremini mushrooms (sliced)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 ½ tsp tamari
1 ½ tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1 ½ tsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
1 tsp Eversio’s Rejuvenate Blend (concentrated mushroom extracts)
¼ cup flour (all-purpose or gluten free alternative)
3 cups vegetable broth
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat
- Add shallots and cook until soft
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft, stirring often (about 10 minutes)
- Stir in the tamari, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and mushroom extract blend
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms, then stir for one minute
- Add broth and simmer until thickened, whisking often, about 20 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Delicious served over mashed potatoes! Enjoy!