Fungi for Optimal Wellness: Mushroom Health Benefits
Join Our Mushroom Wellness Journey and Learn Something New About the Kingdom of Fungi
The health benefits of mushrooms are many. Starting with the basics, there are three main parts to all medicinal mushrooms:
■ MUSHROOM FRUITING BODY
The spore is the beginning of the mushroom life cycle (like a seed).
Each germinating spore produces a hypha (fungal body) that spreads out and grows into a network of branches called a mycelium. Mycelium from a single spore looks for a compatible partner mycelium and fuses with it, beginning their adult (reproducing) life. The adult mycelium is able to initiate mushroom formation given the appropriate conditions.
The mushroom is produced above ground and is the reproductive structure of the fungus (like a flower shedding pollen). There exists the “fruiting body” of the mushroom, which will produce more spores in order to reproduce.
Our Co-founder Explains the difference between mushrooms that are important to our ecosystems, our food supply, and our health and wellness!
Mushrooms have more impact on our ecosystems than you might think. Learn more about Functional Mushrooms below!
What Are Functional Mushrooms?
Join Our Co-Founder to Learn About the Mushroom Lifecycle and Why It's Important to Understand When Choosing High Quality Mushroom Supplements
Let’s start at the beginning! Did you know mushrooms aren’t vegetables? They belong to their own kingdom!
The Mushroom Lifecycle
WHOLE FRUITING BODY.
NO GRAIN. NO GROWING SUBSTRATE.
Eversio Wellness products are made from ONLY the fruiting bodies of the mushroom life cycle for MAXIMUM POTENCY and concentration of beneficial compounds. Our medicinal mushrooms are cultivated on USDA Organic certified farms where wood is used as the natural growing substrate (with the exception of cordyceps). We do not include grain substrates or mycelium on grain biomass in any of our products as they do not contain the same high percentages of Beta-D-glucans and other key bioactive compounds that the fruiting bodies do.
Scientists have discovered that mushroom Beta-D-glucans are the most important component of the cell wall in a mushroom fruiting body. They activate the human immune system, enhancing and increasing the number of macrophages, NK (natural killer) cells, and subsets of T-cells.
Medicinal mushrooms are biological response modifiers and when they are taken over a prolonged period of time as preventative medicine, they keep the immune system on guard. This is what has made medicinal mushrooms a traditional remedy in cancer therapy in conjunction with anti-cancer medicines. In addition, the immunological potentiation of medicinal mushrooms has not only been shown to protect against cancers, but also acts as a shield against viral, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic infections.
- Contains compounds (hericenones and erinacines) that can cross the blood-brain barrier to address neurological conditions and benefit brain health
- Promotes the synthesis of NGF (Nerve Growth Factor) making it possible for the brain to heal and repair itself and maintain plasticity
- Supports memory, mental agility, focus, and productivity
- Studies have shown it has the potential to prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Can reduce anxiety and irritability by reducing levels of inflammatory compounds in the brain (TNF-alpha and IL-6)
- Used in TCM to eliminate digestive distress by easing inflammation in the gut
- Protects against heart disease by reducing cholesterol oxidation that leads to plaquing
- Potent antioxidant activity to address chronic inflammation
- Slows the aging process by regulating natural Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) levels involved in maintaining telomere length and protecting DNA from damage
Shop Lion’s Mane Supplements
- Increases ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) for more energy without the jitters or addictive nature of caffeine
- Provides support for respiratory conditions and lung health
- Enhances libido and fertility in both sexes
- Balances harmful and beneficial bacteria in the gut
- Can significantly improve cardiovascular function, increasing oxygen absorption by up to 40%, reducing total cholesterol levels with an average reduction of 21% and increasing HDL (good) cholesterol by 30%
- Has been shown to be a potent up-regulator of interleukin-10, an anti-inflammatory cytokine that treats autoimmune and inflammatory diseases
- Enhances VO2 Max - significantly increases the maximum amount of oxygen a person can utilize during intense exercise
- Improves Relative Peak Power and increases Time to Exhaustion - this implies strong applications for anaerobic performance
- Athletes supplementing with cordyceps can push themselves at a harder level for longer
Shop Cordyceps Militaris Supplements
- Improves sleep quality
- Reduces effects of stress and symptoms of anxiety
- Strengthens immune system function
- Anti-inflammatory effects provided by terpenes
- Supports healthy blood pressure levels
- Lowers LDL and total cholesterol levels, and increases HDL
- Prevents beta-amyloid-induced inflammation (preventing cognitive decline)
- Can help to modulate symptoms experienced in menopause that are the result of decreased estrogen
- Normalizes hormone levels (prevents testosterone from converting to DHT)
Shop Reishi Supplements
- Improves natural defenses against cancer by increasing chemokines and cytokines (prompts the immune system to attack cancerous cells)
- Helps to control immune response to viruses and provide protection against bacteria
- Better weight control by increasing levels of Akkermansia muciniphilia (associated with lower levels of gut inflammation and insulin sensitivity)
- Improves gut health by supporting beneficial bacteria
- Treatment of common cold and flu
- Strengthens and promotes balance of the immune system
- PSP and PSK can activate cells that clear pathogens
- Contains antioxidants that prevent cell damage and inflammation
- Protects liver cells by helping to maintain levels of glutathione
Shop Turkey Tail Supplements
- Has one of the highest ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) values on the planet - a unit of measurement devised to score foods in terms of their antioxidant value - reduces DNA damage and signs of aging
- Strengthens immune system
- Naturally balances pro and anti-inflammatory activity (in cases of immunosuppression)
- Decreases levels of TNF-alpha (involved in inflammation)
- Increases HDL (good) cholesterol and lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol
- Prevents and helps to control or reverse diabetes
- Improves health of skin and hair
- Boosts beneficial gut bacteria
- Adaptogenic characteristics that can help the body adapt to stress
Shop Chaga Supplements
- Traditionally used to promote healthy skin and bones
- Helps to retain moisture and stabilize skin barrier
- Provides neuroprotective effects by enhancing neurite outgrowth and brain development
- Improves immunodeficiency, including that induced by AIDS, physical stress, or aging
- Reduces oxidative stress and inflammation
- Reduces overall cholesterol
Shop Tremella Supplements
- Excellent source of ergothioneine (intracellular antioxidant)
- Reduces and prevents inflammation
- Protects against cardiovascular disease by preventing plaque build up in arteries
- Helps to regulate cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- Helps to balance the immune system
Shop Oyster Supplements
- Strengthens the immune system
- Rich in antioxidants
- Maitake D-fraction has been studied for its potential to lessen the side effects of chemotherapy
- Influences the production of insulin to lower blood glucose levels
- Lower cholesterol and decrease blood pressures
- Helps to maintain healthy weight
- helps to address Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Shop Maitake Supplements
- Improves heart health
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Activates the immune system to fight cancer cells (with Lentinan)
- Maintains blood pressure and circulation
- Supports healthy skin and hair
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
Shop Shiitake Supplements
Eversio Wellness Commitment: Pure and Powerful Supplements with the Greatest Mushroom Health Benefits
Medicinal mushrooms are considered organic if they pass the following:
■ USDA Organic Certified
■ NOP accredited
■ Grown on farms or mushroom bases that are USDA Organic compliant
■ Meet NOP organic crops standards
Here at Eversio Wellness, all of our mushroom supplements (including our extracts and the vegan capsules used for encapsulation) are made from 100% organic and natural medicinal mushrooms and meet all these requirements.
GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms) include any type of genetically modified animals, plants, or other organisms of any kind. Here at Eversio Wellness, all of the medicinal mushrooms we provide are certified non-GMO. We want to help you become healthier while doing our part to keep pesticides and harmful chemicals out of the environment. Many people are also concerned that GMOs can affect allergies, cancer formation, and other unwanted health issues, so we will always insist on sourcing all raw materials from non-GMO certified suppliers.
Fruiting Body Only
The fruiting bodies of medicinal mushrooms are the parts where the highest percentages of Beta-D-glucans and other key bioactive compounds can be found. Beta-D-glucans are responsible for optimizing the immune system. We ONLY use the fruiting bodies of the mushroom life cycle and never use any myceliated grain substrates. We choose the fruiting body only because we want to make sure all of our mushroom supplements are as effective as possible and can provide the benefits reported by doctors, scientists and researchers.
3rd Party Tested
All of the mushroom supplements we offer here at Eversio Wellness are formulated by professionals who are experts in their field. Our extracts are tested by third party labs to verify the products can provide maximum benefits by testing for many beneficial compounds that you won’t see on the labels of most other mushroom supplement products. We are proud to be able to share our COAs that verify third party tested levels of beta-d-glucans, terpenes, triterpenes, cordycepin, ergothioneine, betulinic acid, and PSP (polysaccharide peptide).
Mushrooms are often used as a substitute for meat in vegan recipes because of their umami flavor, and plant based diet advocates love their low impact on the environment when produced as food. These consumers are looking for the same options with their supplements. That is why we formulated our fruiting body mushroom powder extract blends and capsules to contain NO animal products or by-products of any kind. All Eversio mushroom supplements are made ONLY from VEGAN ingredients, including the capsule itself.
Medicinal mushrooms are naturally free of gluten. At Eversio our mushroom supplements are 100% grain free, making them 100% gluten-free. Our mushrooms are grown outdoors on wood, unlike many other mushroom companies who source their raw materials from labs that grow mycelium on grain and then include that grain in their final products. This can cause concern for customers who are sensitive to gluten. A gluten free diet helps manage symptoms of celiac disease and can help others with improved overall health, reduced inflammation, and increased energy.
Not All Medicinal Mushrooms Are Right for Everyone, Find Out Which Ones Are Best for You!
There are many different types of healthy mushrooms. Some mushrooms are excellent sources of nutrition and are choice edibles enjoyed as food in most cultures around the world. Other mushrooms are considered MEDICINAL because of the unique and powerful medicines they contain locked inside their cell walls. Each of these medicinal mushrooms offers varying benefits and because of this, not all medicinal mushrooms are right for everyone. But, if you do your research you are sure to find a medicinal mushroom that can benefit your health today!
First, it’s important to be clear on your health and wellness goals. This will help you navigate your way to through the world of medicinal mushrooms and help you make the right choice. For example, if you have insomnia or struggle with getting deep, quality sleep, then Reishi will be a great option for you. It increases your resistance to stress, helping your body relax, and calming your mind. As a result, it supports quality sleep every night.
If you’re ready want to begin your journey into the world of mushroom wellness, you can check out our collection of studies, research, and references - just a few of our favourites!
Our PASSION for medicinal mushrooms inspires us to follow the research that helps us to continuously improve our formulations. Stay updated with the current studies and latest discoveries about these amazing fungi.